Friday, January 18, 2008

YUUUMMMY!

"One of America's Best New Restaurants" Esquire Magazine
And I can see and taste why! I was so excited that our girls dinner group choose Rathbun's on Krog Street in Atlanta to eat next. I had never been and I heard rave reviews. I was not disappointed! We shared a few appetizers to start including the Charred Corn & Gouda Cheese,Elbow Macaroni & Tillamook Cheddar Tart and the Hand Cut French Fries with Blue Cheese Fondue. My entree was the best! Sea Scallop Benedict on Country Ham Grits with Asparagus & Spiced Hollandaise. I wanted to dive right into the bowl and live there for a while. I've only experienced that feeling about my food when Hubby and I went to an authentic Italian restaurant in NYC. I didn't want to leave the place. Anyway, on to dessert! WOW! We all shared and devoured the KROG BAR, Gooey Toffee Cake with Jack Daniel’s Ice Cream, Donuts with some incredible dipping cream and and a White Chocolate Cheesecake thingy. Pretty Incredible. As I was walking out, (I didn't want to leave, there had to be more to eat...) I was thinking about when we could come back. Anyone want to join us??? How about tomorrow night? :)
If you want to check out the Chef, Kevin Rathbun out for yourself, he will be on the Iron Chef on February 24th on The Food Network.

0 comments: