Monday, March 31, 2008

StunnING, RunnING, Thirty-somethINGs have done it again...

Before the race...The ING Half Marathon in Atlanta was yesterday in the freezing weather... ok, not freezing, but it was a pretty cold morning. It turned out to be perfect weather once we warmed up. It was supposed to rain, so we were all very grateful! Due to a toe injury and me being 5 months pregnant, Julie and I walked and had a blast! We were the ones everyone was saying, "On your left, On your right" just whizzing past us... we were the ones, scarfing down bananas and donuts on the way, and we were the ones with the Starbucks in our hands for our last mile! I have never participated in a half quite like that... it was a memorable one! Thanks Julie for being a blast and good sport to walk it. Everyone else were complete ROCK STARS! Kelly ran it in 2:01 and the other ladies came in shortly afterwards. So, impressive! The guys were amazing too. Parking our cars, riding bikes around to cheer us on, and battling traffic to come pick us up. THANK YOU! We all ended up that afternoon (after long hot showers and naps) at a bar to celebrate. Great job everyone!
After the race...
I have a onesie on my belly from Whitney who didn't want to leave out Baby Yo who "walked" it as well. It matches all of our shirts. HOW CUTE! I love it! (She is the youngest, Stunning, Running Chic!)

1 comments:

KatyShops said...

Way to go! It sounds like you guys were probably right around us :) Hats off to you for completing 13.1 miles while pregnant...BTW congrats on having a girl...I'm partial to little girls (I have two of my own)!I kept looking for your pink shirts...