Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Happy 50th!

Do you remember the excitement as a child when you opened your brand new 64-pack of Crayons!? All the possibilities staring back at you. Which one should I use first? Periwinkle, Burnt Sienna, Cornflower, Golden Rod, Midnight Blue, Silver, Thistle, Indian Red (I wonder if that one is under protest). The Crayola 64, the iconic box of crayons that millions of kids reach for to color their world, is turning the big 5-0 and to celebrate, the box has been given a makeover with the addition of 8 new Kids' Choice Colors.
To celebrate, we should all go out and buy some crayons and re-live our childhood. We need to take a minute out of our day and go color! It might do us some good. Go ahead, put it up on the refrigerator or show it off to your mom. Enjoy your day, and make it a colorful one. I have to go track down Periwinkle and silver.... they were my favorites!!!
List of 64-pack and retirees.

1 comments:

Marian said...

I was just going to write that you always went to Periwinkle, then I read your last sentence......haha!