Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baby Shower!

Today I attended our neighbor's baby shower, you know the drill... you show up with your gift, you have small talk, watch her open her gifts, eat cake, say your goodbyes... Well, here is an opportunity to experience the baby shower without watching the endless gift-opening session! It's a virtual baby shower for two women, Kristen of Motherhood Uncensored and Rebecca of Girl's Gone Child! All they want is for you to share those wonderful moments of those new baby days. And guess what? You could win great prizes! Wow! This is the best baby shower I've ever attended. (besides my own a few months ago!) So, here goes:

Baby Reese is just 6 weeks old so my memories are pretty fresh! I just took another look at all those hospital pics remembering all those "firsts." The best was when we were in the recovery room as a family. It was just Hubby, Reese and I (didn't seem to notice all the nurses hovering around us). We witnessed her first bath (video at the bottom of the page), I held her for the first time, I breastfeed for the first time, hubby changed her diaper for the first time. It was such an exciting, overwhelming, loving, proud and humbling moment. She was so light swaddled in her blanket, she seemed so content and my heart was just bursting. That precious time when it was just the three of us was the best for me. We were in the recovery room for a while before going into our room welcomed by our families. While that was nice to be welcomed by our families, the best was that precious time when it was just mommy and daddy getting to know our little new miracle!

Best wishes to Kristen and Rebecca! May you have safe deliveries and wonderful, precious moments with your new little miracles of your own!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those first moments with those babies are truly amazing.

Congrats on your new baby.

I'm in Atlanta as well :)