Monday, December 1, 2008

Let the countdown begin...

I have always been a fan of Advent calendars. Counting down the days until Christmas was so exciting as a child. My sister and I would fight, I mean, take turns politely each day to open the little door to find the surprise. I really don't remember what lurked behind each door, I just remember the excitement and anticipation each day brought. So here are some advent calendars I thought were too cute. My favorite is the Hat & Mittens Advent Calendar above that is made out of hand-knit wool. You can get it at Garnet Hill.Over at The Purl Bee you can find this handmade embroidered felt Advent Calendar. She even gives you step by step instructions just in case you want to make one yourself. Click on her project journal to find out how.
And for those computer savvy peeps out there, check out Loveland Miscellany's blog. She gives you the free template for this customizable paper advent calendar. I like the funky colors and don't know if you can tell, but it has a light blue wood grain background. Love it!
So let us begin the countdown to Christmas Day! yea!
here is a great project too, by three wheels turning.

0 comments: