Thursday, April 29, 2010

knee update

We went to the Orthopedic Surgeon today and he has a probable prognosis according to the MRI results. He is pretty certain that it is Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (PVNS). When looking at the MRI, he found swollen tissue around her knee joint, thus producing fluid. This swollen tissue and fluid is what is hindering her walking. The Doctor is planning to get a tissue sample and draw some of the fluid out to test and be 100% certain that it's PVNS.

PVNS is rare in young children. It usually occurs in older children and young adults. What they do to remove the tissue is to scope it out. There is a bigger term for that, but it escapes me now. The doctor does not recommend scoping it out with such a young child, so we will have to wait it out.

Besides the removal of tissue and fluid which will happen next week, I don't remember our next step. That is why having both parents there is critical for me. I always forget things when I go to the doctor's office! I need to record them or something!

Anyway, I am thankful that we are close to a diagnosis. I am thankful that it's not something worse. And I am thankful for all your prayers! :)

1 comments:

From the desk of... said...

Hi, hope little Reese is ok! What a trooper to go through all of that! Good luck next week, we will be thinking about you!