Tuesday, January 25, 2011

believe it or not

I successfully sewed my first tote bag this past weekend during my sewing class at Intown Quilters in Decatur. I'm amazed really! I didn't know what to expect and frankly did not have much confidence in myself. That's why I brought in some scraps of material to make my first bag. I figured I'm not going to spend the money on something that might not work out. So, I took material I had from other projects, scraps really, the teacher even laughed at them. But I didn't let that discourage me and I started to believe in my little tote bag. I followed every instruction and learned a lot in the process, and I'm very happy how it turned out! I use it for toting my pump and paraphernalia back and forth from school. It fits perfectly on my shoulder too. Now I just have to make the time to practice, practice, practice. I have a lot in mind of what I want to try. I'll share my ideas later...

0 comments: