Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Pics & I'm no Cake Boss

 Reese's birthday weekend was fantastic! Reese was so excited about eating her chocolate cake, blowing out the candles and turning three. She really did not care too much about opening presents and luckily for me, she could care less about how ridiculous her birthday cake turned out! I'll tell ya, this is the last year I'm making a cake! I like the thought of making and decorating the cake, but in reality... I STINK at it! First of all, a crevasse formed as I was icing the cake. (not a good sign)
 Then Friday night during dinner time, the pinata that was hanging from the chandelier above the cake FELL smack dab in the middle of the cake! Not good! Reese did not even care, but that is the last time I make a cake. I'll stick to cupcakes, thank you very much. And this is more evidence of why I'm buying the next cake. Click here to see Hubby's sinkhole disaster of a cake.
 Cake disaster aside, Tillman liked it too. This is just a warm up of yummy deliousousness to come in one more month, buddy!
 Reese enjoyed the fun treats inside her pinata. And enjoyed opening all her gifts! Thank you all so much!! I would say this was the year of the Hello Kitty. All she wanted for her birthday was a Hello Kitty book. There was not much out there as far as books, but I managed to find an activity book and she was in heaven. However, everyone else found so much more. She received two Hello Kitty t-shirts that she loves have worn already. She received the cutest Hello Kitty purse and hair clips. She even received a rhinestone hair clip in the shape of Hello Kitty.... very fancy!!! WOW! She loves it all! Pooh made quite an impression too this year and she loves all the Winnie the Pooh items.... A puzzle (the clever kind that features Pooh and friends with an actual picture of Reese in the puzzle!), coloring books, cards and a Tigger. She is one lucky gal, thank you so much everyone!




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, THE CAKES LOOKED "YUMMY" TO ME REGARDLESS OF THE "PRESENTATION"!!!!! I LOVE CAKE! BUT...AUNT TRICIA & UNCLE LEIGHTON ARE "THRILLED" MS. KITTY SHOWED UP FOR "REESIE"!!!!!:)