Sunday, October 9, 2011

sewing class

I'm taking a sewing class at Intown Quilters, a beautiful sewing shop that makes me happy just entering it's space. So needless to say, I'm pretty excited to get to pick out a project and sew for a few hours on a Saturday. It's an apparel class, so I picked out something for Reesie to wear. (if Im lucky!). The first pattern I choose was from modkid boutique, she is right here in Atlanta and designs fabric for Michael Miller and also designs the cutest clothes... so that's one project with her fabrics I chose above for the skirt. Click here to see the pattern.
I'm starting the class with a pattern by Burda... I wanted to choose a simple pattern so I'm currently working on a corduroy jumper. Reese is holding up the front panel. I have a good start, but I'm getting stuck on the pockets and lining. hmmm.... But the fabric is pretty cute, light pink corduroy with little applique apples. I can't wait for the finished product!

0 comments: