Monday, October 15, 2012

collecting leaves

After school today, on this gorgeous fall day, Reese and Tillman and I took a walk to collect leaves. Lately, Reese has been into collecting things and this was the perfect day to collect and admire the Fall leaves. When we came home, she picked out her favorite leaves and glued them on a sheet that we will give to her teachers at her conference tomorrow. I googled this quote by Chad Sugg. Never heard of him, but it seemed like a great quote for her teachers:
"Love the trees until their leaves fall off, then encourage them to try again next year." Then I wrote, "Thank you for loving and encouraging Reese."

But before you think that we had the perfect afternoon... oh yeah, Im the perfect mom, with perfect kids on this beautifully perfect day.... The above shot is of Tillman throwing a temper tantrum on the walking trail of Chastain. I didn't get the what seemed like THOUSANDS of people walking by as my kids are screaming at the top of their lungs and throwing themselves on the ground. (what do I do? take a picture of it so I can torment them later!)
Besides documenting it forever, I was really disappointed and we promptly left! So much for the picture perfect afternoon.
I'm exhausted...

1 comments:

Kari said...

Oh my! I know in a couple years, I'll be right here....will take a photo and send to you!!!!