Friday, February 29, 2008

a great read...


I am in the middle of this book right now and I keep checking how much more I have left. I don't want it to end. But I can't put it down. It's really good! It tells the story of a young man who grew up Amish and left because he was shunned from the Amish community for something he did. The main character, Will created a new life for himself in Georgia, but is still haunted by his circumstances back home and his father's response to his circumstances. The book masterfully weaves a layered story about Will's life and struggles by telling stories from his past and present. Also, you learn a lot about the Amish. I went to school in central Pennsylvania and was intrigued by the Amish. I always said that I wanted to live on an Amish farm for a week or so just to see what they were all about. Well, now I don't have to. I would have never made it anyway, these people are hard core! NO ELECTRICITY!?? where would I plug in my flat iron? Anyway... this book tells a moving story about a father & son and the lies people tell themselves and others throughout life. Very Interesting!!! Also, the story is a true story! The author's father IS Will! So, it makes it even more interesting that the author gets to tell his father's story. If you are looking for a good read, pick up Levi's Will, by W. Dale Cramer. Click here is a better book review for you to read.

0 comments: