Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh no! Not CANKLES!

Cankles: (n) The area in affected female legs where the calf meets the foot in an abrupt, nontapering terminus; medical cause: adipose tissue surrounding the soleus tendon, probably congenital, worsened by weight gain and improved in appearance only by boots. From the English "calf" meaning wide portion of the lower leg, and "ankle" meaning slender joint of leg with foot.
If I didn't have cankles, I might be able to wear those Prada loafers with my capri pants.


God help me! Above all, THIS is what I am afraid of during my pregnancy! Oh, the health of the baby is fine! (At least that's what I was telling myself while sipping a taste, only a taste of wine last night.) It's my impending CANKLES... that's what I am worrying about! Before dinner, hubby and I went to the mall. He needed shoes and luggage so we tried shoes on. Well, I tried a size larger sandal on and it was embarrassing! My fat foot hung over the sides... GROSS! I immediatly pulled my not-so-cute foot out of the cute sandal and called it quits. I went over to the men's side of the shoe store and gave opinions to hubby on his shoe selection feeling a bit out of sorts. So, after the mall, dinner, and a sip of wine, we went home to watch LOST. I felt like Alice after a long day at the diner when I broke out the Burt's Bees Therapeutic Bath Crystals and soaked my feet watching TV. My feet looked like a long day of walking after the 3-Day. I'm really getting worried. I am 27 weeks today. Is this going to be my nightly ritual??? I'm not complaining if it is... just preparing myself. I need to stock up on the Burt's Bees if this is the case.
So, this is why I am worring about Cankles. Is the puffiness in my feet going to inch up to my ankles to form the dreaded cankles? I'm already down to one ring on my hand. My wedding band hurts too much. And now I am beggining to think if wearing my engagement ring is worth the pain at night of tugging it off. A friend of mine confessed that she thought all these women were pregnant out of wedlock because she didnt notice the rings. Funny! Now I'm going to be one of those knocked-up poor girls who has to support a baby on my own! HA!
Well, I gotta go and find something to prop up my feet so by the end of the day, Hubby and I don't get grossed out by my feet!

0 comments: