Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wally Lamb is doing it again!

If you happened to read the above book, I Know This Much is True, by Wally Lamb, then you know what a fabulous author this man is. He also wrote She's Come Undone. And it has been announced that he is doing it again and The Hour I First Believed will be available in November! I can't wait!

Two-time Oprah book club honoree Wally Lamb, who hasn't released a new title in 10 years, has a new work on the horizon. HarperCollins' flagship imprint will release The Hour I First Believed in November 2008. The book follows a couple that relocates from Colorado to Connecticut, after the wife is traumatized from surviving the 1999 massacre at Columbine High School. Once on the East Coast, at the husband's family farm, she tries to regain her footing while he must confront secrets from his family past. Info by Publishers Weekly

If you are looking for a good read, I recommend the above book. It is amazing! The book is around 800 pages and I wanted more after I finished the book. Wally Lamb is a professor at UCONN and has been volunteering in women's prison teaching them how to write. He published Couldn't Keep it to Myself on their writings, which was also a very interesting book. To learn more about Wally Lamb and his writing, click here.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I always wondered why he hadn't published another book in so long, I am so excited! She's come undone is one of my all time favorites and I loved I Know This Much... as well. Great info, thanks kim!