Tuesday, July 15, 2008

35 Weeks

above pic from Tiny Prints
Ok, I'm in definite Nesting Mode. My mind is racing with lists, worries, planning, cleaning and organizing. I'm also reading a ton of books at the moment, hoping that all of it will make me the perfect mother on day one! HA! The books are quite helpful actually, I just hope when I need the info, I am able to retrieve it at the most opportune times. Who knows, perhaps my mind will turn to mush when she arrives. The first book, I have blogged about before. Cute book called The Rookie Mom's Handbook, by two moms who give you great ideas and activities you can do with your baby. The next book is Baby Wise claiming that your baby will sleep through the night by week 8 or 9. Yes, I am interested in that! So, far it's making sense to me and hubby. We are going to try it. The way I look at it, at least we have a plan going in and if we need to adjust we will. But having a plan, gives me great security. The third book is Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson, a favorite among parents and teachers alike who believe providing a loving and structured home through consistent discipline is the way to raise healthy, confident and well-adjusted children. So far, this is making complete sense to Hubby and I as well. And the last book on my nightstand is Your Baby's First Year. A busy mom gave me some great advice, "Skip the preggers books while you are pregnant and start reading the baby books while you have the time to read. Once you have the baby, it's too late, you will never read them then." Brilliant!!
Other than that, I have been doing things for Reese's room, which is coming together rather nicely. My friend Stephanie gave me her glider which was AWESOME! I went to Forsyth Fabrics today to pick out a fabric to recover it. Hubby put the finishing touches on the blackboard tonight with nailing in the moulding around it. It looks fantastic and the teacher in me wanted to start writing on it right away. My aunt picked out some great letters for the room and I can't wait for them to arrive.
Since I took that picture, I feel even bigger. Some of my pregnancy tops are showing part of my belly. I'm growing out of them. With only 3 weeks to go, hopefully I'll be ok. But just today when I was in Starbucks the lady in front of me said I looked small. Maybe she was trying to give me a compliment. Hey, I'll take it! :)
Well, that's about all I can get out right now, the rest is swirling around my head.

2 comments:

From the desk of... said...

Hey, the baby's room looks great, and so do you! I am sorry I will miss the shower this weekend, have a great time!

Susan D. said...

Just got baby wise ... yes, i wish i would have read more parenting books and less baby when i was pregnant and had the time to read! you look wonderful, btw.