Thursday, October 23, 2008

Reese's Ride

This is the Bumbleride and it's been Reese's Ride for the past 2 months. It has joined us for many walks with friends and hubby. I have really enjoyed it so far walking around, did you catch the word - walking? It's a jogging stroller and I have not put it to much use in that department until tonight! I was at my usual Chastain Park walk - the (almost) 3 mile loop around the golf course. I was listening to my ipod in one ear and something came over me as I jogged by to pass this couple... I kept jogging... up the huge hill and around the back part of the park... kept jogging! I must have jogged for one whole mile! I couldn't believe it. I was finally "one of them." I always reference "one of them" as the totally fit mother who RUNS by me pushing their 50 pound kid in their jogging stroller. I was "one of them" minus the totally-fit part. I'm on my way!
In case you were wondering slash worrying about the safety of little Reese while mommy is walking slash jogging here is the deal. She is lying flat in the stroller so her head is not bouncing around like a bobble-head doll. There is also an infant seat bar that we can opt to use if we wanted her in the infant carseat. And the park has a paved, very flat, wide sidewalk. :)

0 comments: