Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bob Kolbrener


Hubby, Reese and I attended the opening reception of Bob Kolbrener's work at the Fay Gold Gallery last night. Ansel Adams + Bob Kolbrener 90 Years in the American West It was fabulous! I really enjoyed seeing the Ansel Adams original prints from the 50's. And of course to see the original Bob Kolbrener prints. The first two photographs here were very striking in person. They were mural prints that were just gigantic!

I blogged last year about this photographer and said how much I admired his work. Bob studied under Ansel Adams and became a close friend of his. I was a big Ansel Adams fan in high school and college so it was a real treat to discover Bob Kolbrener. And even bigger deal that he was the grandfather of a student of mine! And for Christmas, the Kolbrener's gave me a signed print of the picture below, Controlled Burn & Dodge in Yosemite National Park. Hubby and I are very excited and can't wait to have it framed! We already know where it's going to go in the house.

If you like the above work and live in the Atlanta area, stop by the Fay Gold Gallery. It's off of Miami Circle. You will not be disappointed!

1 comments:

amy said...

What a special gift. And love Ansel Adams - genius of capturing natural light.