Saturday, November 13, 2010

back to the daily grind...

I returned to work Thursday after a short maternity-leave. I felt ok about it.... I have to work, I like to work, so it is what it is. Yes, of course I would opt to stay at home with Reese and Tillman. But right now it's not that way. Hubby is home and it is wonderful to know that he is forming strong, lasting bonds with each of them. It is so important for a father to be involved in their children's lives and I feel blessed and I am grateful for this opportunity. So, with that in mind, it makes it easier for me to return to work. And "Work" is fabulous! The Schenck School is such a special place. I love all the people I work with and I adore my students. I walked into my classroom yesterday morning (strapped down with a million bags! - my pump being one of them) and was welcomed with this poster from all the students. I teach computer so I teach the whole school. The teacher who was teaching while I was on maternity-leave left it for me. So sweet! The kids were so sweet too, welcoming me all day long. And of course, the teachers were super welcoming. It was great to see everyone again. And it felt good to return to such a wonderful place to work.

0 comments: