Thursday, November 8, 2007

The StunnING RunnING 30-SomethING's are at it again!


I did it... I signed up again for the ING Georgia Half Marathon in March. It seems far away, so I don't feel too worried about it. HA! Not yet, at least. The StunnING RunnING Thirty-SomethINGs are all signed up and ready to run. We have started our training, if you can call it that. Just one run so far, but hey, you have to start somewhere. Back to our Monday night routines around Chastain Park, I'm looking forward to it. So, LET THE TRAINING BEGIN! It's a love/hate relationship. I enjoy the routine and sense of accomplishment. I enjoy the camaraderie and the "running high" after a long run. My problem is the actual running part! That's only half true, maybe it's just getting out there and running. The motivation is what gets in the way. So, that is why I appreciate the girls so much. I need them as my accountability partners in running. So, join us! Only if you are a Stunning, Running, Thirty-something! :)
ps - I can't wait to see what our t-shirts look like this year. I'll be sure to order a small!

3 comments:

Alan said...

What a good looking running group! If I can talk your husband into running again, we will join you guys for the race. Good luck with the training!

Kelly said...

YEAH! I am so excited! I completly agree with you about loving everything about it except the whole motivation/running part.
I can't wait though. We're going to have a lot of fun and make sure to all meet at the same place this year.

KatyShops said...

I just signed up for the ing...with my mom (who will be turning 65 in January). I'm currently training for my first Half Marathon - the Disney in January. Good luck to you and your friends!

Katy