Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shower with love...


WOW! I was so pleased with my shower and so impressed with everything. Thank you all who made it so special. I just had to post some pics of the day and some of the wonderful gifts. Mom, Sis & family, and cousin with hubby all traveled from up north for the celebration! And many more friends and family came as well. I was overwhelmed by the love! Guests were asked to bring their favorite children's book. I was delighted with the variety of books I received for Miss Reese's library. Each guest placed the bookplate in it with their personal note. Bookplate and invitation designed by a good friend of mine! It means so much to know that when we read to Reese throughout the years we will know what special person gave that to her. :) Sappy, I know!
Among the gifts were beautiful and impressive hand made gifts. WOW! To name a few... Sister-n-law made the Reese Canvas in the above shot and also painted two onsies. (Each of our favorite bands. Hubby loves Phish and I love Led Zeppelin.) Hubby is keeping his fingers crossed, maybe Phish will get back together in time for Reese to experience her first show. Then a friend of mine crocheted that cute purple poncho! I love it. Not pictured is an impressive blanket my cousin crocheted as well. LOVE IT! And another hand-made-with-love gift was the Raggedy Ann doll. How precious. She wanted to match the room, so my friend made her have a green and pink outfit. I am so impressed with these gifts! Thank you so much. I loved all the books we received and look forward to reading them to Reese for many many years.

0 comments: